Shoes and other things

Friday, August 10, 2007

Otira Hotel - Well worth a stop


Having been told about this place by my brother, I had always wanted to stop here. This pub was sold to someone, who when he bought it for $80K he didn't realize he had in fact bought the entire township. I'm not sure what the land lady made of us - I don't think she had seen anyone for a while. The boys ordered a couple of jugs, but as soon as her back was turned had to pour them away as the pumps hadn't been used for months. She only had 4 pies on the menu as she "hadn't seen anyone for a while" but once we had found the switch for the duke box and the lights for the bar, we had minutes of fun. Soon however we thought it best to leave, so said goodbye to the dog and chickens (I kid you not) and left. By then the land lady had disappeared.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home