Shoes and other things

Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Sydney from North Head


I arrived in Manly and walked to the beach to check out the surf - I know some people will be happy to know it was pretty crap here - choppy and the wind was from the land (on or off shore I can never remember) It was fun to watch a few people try to have surf lessons. However the water was really warm, but I think the local residents thought anyone who went near the beach in such cold temperatures was mad (only 75 degrees). From the beach I then hiked to North Head which stands right at the entrance to Sydney Harbour, and from there took in the amazing views of the city. I only managed to get lost once when I ended up practically in a sewerage farm - nice! It was only as I was leaving the park that I noticed the notices telling me about the dangerous bite-y things and instructions on how to remove ticks eeeuuugh, mind you when a place is this beautiful I guess there has to be some downsides. From there a quick trip to Oceanworld where the best thing was seeing a Sydney Funnel Web spider which is the most poisonous spider in Oz!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home